J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
-Parsererror- upon refreshing the sitemap (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: -Parsererror- upon refreshing the sitemap
SK-web
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
-Parsererror- upon refreshing the sitemap Karma: 0  
I am on version 4.3.1. I started a refresh of my cached sitemaps today after quite a while, probably the first time since I updated to 4.3.1 (holidays) and noticed an errormessage in the process:

-Parsererror- SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

This happened upon clicking the button to refresh the sitemap cache. Also first clearing the cache and then regenerating it returned the same error. The caching process does not execute then.

See also the attached screenprint.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:-Parsererror- upon refreshing the sitemap Karma: 79  
This is a FAQ and not related to JSitemap but to third party plugins having bugs.
Here the reference https://storejextensions.org/faq/why-i-receive-a-parse-error-when-clicking-on-analyzer-metainfo-and-seo-spider.html

Logged Logged  
SK-web
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:-Parsererror- upon refreshing the sitemap Karma: 0  
I checked the article, but I have none of those extensions. I have not installed new extensions in the site for months. Also, the error only shows upon refreshing cache.

Anyhow, I disabled cache for now and I can access the sitemaps, so I will leave this for now.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:-Parsererror- upon refreshing the sitemap Karma: 79  
Somewhere there must be a plugin generating the breakage in the Joomla js output. Without accessing it i can't tell you more.

By the way if you don't really need precaching just don't use it, it should be used only if you have giant sitemaps otherwise it makes no sense to use it.

Logged Logged  
SK-web
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:-Parsererror- upon refreshing the sitemap Karma: 0  
Ok, I should be fine then, thanks for replying quickly.

Logged Logged  
Go to top