Re:Anonymous Users (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Anonymous Users
Bertrand Couvin
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Re:Anonymous Users Karma: 0  
Thanks John,

I tried also to avoid the customization. I crossed my fingers each time I update JChat. Until now, I always took car of this.

The customization you gave me is for the online messaging, but not for the private messaging which could work off line. There is also the search filter on the list of users, as shown in the screenshot joined. It is this one I would like also to get for filtering on user_id.

May be on your roadmap, you intend to add new features as:
- Jchat by Group_id. I saw there is someone in the forum talking about this point.
- Confidentiality by giving user_id instead on the name.

In fact, we use Jchat like this:
Our platform is a recruiting platform. This is not working like other Job Boards usually seen on the internet. Candidates applied the Job offers. No one knows anyone until the Resource Seeker and the candidates sign the Non Competition Agreement or/and pay the subscription plan.

In our process, the resource seeker can not know the Candidates (and vice-versa), if they have a valid subscription plan. Moreover, some Resource seeker want to be anonymous.

We are looking for by passing this anonymous process to avoid the customization (Change of the subscription plan, and the recruiting process, ... It means changes on our Business model).

Could you let me know the last modification to have for the search filter in Private Messaging?

Thanks

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Bertrand Couvin
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Here is the screeshot

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Anonymous Users Karma: 79  
The search filter in the private messaging works in a different way, it's based on javascript not on server side PHP.
I attach here a custom file to be replaced at root/components/com_jchat/js/messaging.js that perform the search based on the userid.
Take care to clear the browser cache after replacing it.

Logged Logged  
Bertrand Couvin
Junior Boarder
User Offline
I replaced this file and cleared all caches (Browser, Joomla cache) and restarts apache.
It is still not working. It must miss something.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Anonymous Users Karma: 79  
I checked deeper and tested a new messaging.js file successfully.
Use this latest one and it will work.
File Attachment:
File Name: messaging.js
File Size: 13128

Logged Logged  
Go to top