Is this possible?? (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Is this possible??
Jan Ferrari
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Is this possible?? Karma: 0  
www.janferrari.com

I have my JChatPro hidden under a menu on my site, and i want it hidden for certain purposes.

But, is it possible that if people press for exampel the word Copyright on all my pages that this chat will show?

My copyrigt text is in the footer module.

If this is possible, then how do i do it then??

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Is this possible?? Karma: 79  
Hello Jan,

if you are using the form activation for the chat it's required in order to show the chat.

To do the same using for example a copyright text, etc you should customize the component
and the script to do the same function of the form.

If you have skills for javascript and php i can give you some hints, or let me know
if you are interested in a custom feature.

Best regards

John Dagelmore

Logged Logged  
Jan Ferrari
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Is this possible?? Karma: 0  
I have absolutely no skills in neither javascript or php.

So if i'm interested in the last you said about a custom feature, then how do we do that?

I't lokks okay at computers here at home, both tablets, smartphones and laptops, but when i did it at computers at the work, it just did some download and nothing showed up, weird?

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
If you refer to the form submit it should not download anything at all, very weird. Unless on that pc there are something installed to block popup, spyware, etc

About the custom feature, i'll do some tests and evaluate time/costs required to develop it, then let you know.

Logged Logged  
Jan Ferrari
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Is this possible?? Karma: 0  
Okay.

I can maybe se one problem here, if it's like a link on all pages, will i then be able to shut the chat down/away?

Because right now there are no possibillities of that in the chat window. Now it's under a menu and i can just turn to another menu and it is away.

And just a quick question: I thought i could use my tablet in the livingroom to enter the chatpage and then just lay it to "rest" next to me on the couch. But after a while nobody can see i'm "ON", why?

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Not sure to understand the questions.

After join the chat the sidebar can be minimized, closed, or chat can be turned offline.

About the tablet other users should see you online the same as a pc until the connection is active and if there isn't something that suspend connections after a while, this is the only reason i can think.

Logged Logged  
Go to top