Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
3rd Party Plugin Conflict (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: 3rd Party Plugin Conflict
#2139
Networkki
Fresh Boarder
Posts: 2
User Offline
3rd Party Plugin Conflict Karma: 0  
Hi
I have a plugin called mmbackground installed, this plugin sets a background image to resize itself to the browser window without scrolling. Background is static, articles scroll. However, this plugin seems to cause problems with Responsivizer as both the emulator and actual phone will not allow scrolling on the pages.

When I disable the mmbackground plugin, Responsivizor works perfectly and scrolling to the bottom of an article is not a problem.

I have made sure all Responsivizer plugins are loaded first.
Is there anyway to override or not load this plugin for mobile devices?
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#2141
John Dagelmore
Admin
Posts: 3885
User Online Now
Re:3rd Party Plugin Conflict Karma: 84  
Hi,

if you want to completely exclude the load of this plugin during the Joomla execution this must be done in the plugin source code. For example evaluating the template loaded or a global variable set in the responsivizer plugin it's possible to know if the mobile template has been loaded and exclude the mmbackground to execute.
A better option would be ask to the developer of mmbackground to add an option to manage exclusions using a parameter based on templates.

Greetings,
John
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#2147
Networkki
Fresh Boarder
Posts: 2
User Offline
Re:3rd Party Plugin Conflict Karma: 0  
Thanks John for such a quick response.

It is an old plugin, I think I'll look around for another extenstion that does a similar thing without the issue.

Thanks once again.
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top