Re:Safari (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Safari
NWS
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Safari Karma: 0  
Hi
Strangely on an imac using safari this website - http://www.broadlandengraving.co.uk shows the mobile version and not the default version.
I have also viewed it on safari on a pc but that works fine , so it has to be something to do with the imac?
Thanks

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Safari Karma: 79  
Hi all,

if the imac has not cookie saved to get the mobile version, the only chance would be that it identifies itself as a tablet thus receiving the mobile version of the site.

John

Logged Logged  
NWS
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Safari Karma: 0  
Hi,
I have tablet version disabled though

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
This would be that the imac identify itself as an IPhone... it looks really weird, unless some settings in Safari have been changed to spoof the user agent string.

Logged Logged  
NWS
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Safari Karma: 0  
looking into other people who are seeing 'mobile ' versions of websites using Safari and Yosemite I found this - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6659813?start=0&tstart=0
There is a fix for it but by the looks of it, it has to be manually done. However if someone just goes on a website using an imac aand sees the mmobile version they are hardly going to bother wasting time going through the fix and will most likelly move onto another website.
So basically what I am saying is - is 'everyone' that visits that site using safari going to see the mobile site and if that is a yes , how do I resolve it ?
Thanks

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Thanks to inform about this argument. However it looks like a device dependant issue, this means that we can't do nothing to manage it. Softwares do a mobile detection based on the user agent string, if the device says 'I'm an Iphone' it will get the mobile version. Hopefully this should be a quite isolated Apple Safari bug, otherwise a lot of users would have reported this to us and also to other vendors.

Logged Logged  
Go to top