J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:RSS feed not showing Images (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:RSS feed not showing Images
CW WebworX
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Re:RSS feed not showing Images Karma: 1  
Hi John,

Problem with RSS. It updates the rss feed but it adds everything up to two months old. It adds the latest blog postings, but then adds everything else that is within two months. What we need is for the rss feed to only add newest articles since last update. Is this possible with this extension?

Thanks

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:RSS feed not showing Images Karma: 79  
Hi again,

if i'm correct i configure it in your Joomla backend to include articles in the latest 2 months.
it can be changed to a minimum value of 1 month from the dropdown that you see in the data source. As for now there are no other option for RSS format, eventually i can consider new parameters for the next release.

John

Logged Logged  
CW WebworX
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Yes you did. But if I change it to 1 month, it also changes the html sitemap on front end to same.

What I need is for the RSS to update only new articles added since last update. In most cases that is daily.

Thanks!

John Dagelmore wrote:
QUOTE:
Hi again,

if i'm correct i configure it in your Joomla backend to include articles in the latest 2 months.
it can be changed to a minimum value of 1 month from the dropdown that you see in the data source. As for now there are no other option for RSS format, eventually i can consider new parameters for the next release.

John

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Ok, i logged to your site and splitted to a new different data source for RSS feed 'RSS Sitemap Listing' limiting to 1 month.

I will add a new parameter in the next release to limit it to 1 or 2 days.

Cheers!
John

Logged Logged  
CW WebworX
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Thanks John!! Great Support!

Maybe you can add a feature that can check publish date of articles and flag only new articles to be included. Joomla is missing a good RSS feed aggregator. This one is excellent and I look forward to the next version. If you need to test it let me know.

Cheers!

John Dagelmore wrote:
QUOTE:
Ok, i logged to your site and splitted to a new different data source for RSS feed 'RSS Sitemap Listing' limiting to 1 month.

I will add a new parameter in the next release to limit it to 1 or 2 days.

Cheers!
John

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Thanks Tony!

Yes i think that if you can be involved to the testing phase this wold be awesome! The first step would be adding a parameter to include feeds daily. I will save your email address and contact you at the right time

Cheers!
John

Logged Logged  
Go to top